Best & Co. was founded in 1879 as a partnership firm in Madras by Andrew Vans Dunlop Best and was incorporated as a Private Company in 1911. After a series of amalgamation and acquisitions the name of the company was changed to Best & Crompton Engg. Ltd., with effect from 27th June, 1975.
1959 was a significant land mark in the company’s history when the foundry was started primarily to supply castings to meet the captive requirements of company’s pump factory. Shifted in 1982, to the current location in Ambattur industrial estate, the foundry caters to the need of various industries such as Automobile, chemical,fertilizers,cement,steel plants & Defence Establishments
Major alloys handled are graded cast iron,alloy cast iron, Ni resist cast iron,SG iron, SG Ni-Resist ,all made to Is/any international specifications. The foundry can handle castings weighing upto 3 Tonnes. The foundry has a manufacturing capacity of 400 metric tones per annum.
In the year 2009, foundry started production of Non Ferrous castings specifically to meet the requirement of NAB castings for the INDIAN NAVY.The operation has stabilized and the Pump Non ferrous casting requirements have been met by the foundry
Foundry got its QMS Certification ISO 9001:2003 in the year 2003 and further upgraded to ISO 9001:2008 in the year 2009 for SG Iron Production