BEACON TRAIN LIGHTNING EQUIPMENTS FOR INDIAN RAILWAYS
(a.) Brushless Alternators:
Beacon Train Lighting Equipment consist of totally enclosed, 3 phase transom mounted Brushless Alternator and rectifier Regulator unit for conventional and airconditioned coaches to suit various climatic conditions of Indian Railways. These are manufactured in compliance with R DSO Specification for charging batteries and supplying lighting and fan loads.
Various ratings are:
- Rating 4.5 KW 18 KW 25 KW
- Output Voltage 120 V 135 V 130 v
- Output Amp 37.5 A 133 A 193 A
- Voltage Regulation + 5% + 5% + 5%
Voltage regulation within +5% of set voltage irrespective of speed and load current variation. Current limit protection to limit alternator current within 120 % of rated current. Three phase fullwave bridge connection by individual power diode for rectification and prevention of battery discharging through the alternator at standstill.
The Alternator is driven from coach axle through V-Grooved pulleys and V - belts and the devices rated for an output at a maximum speed of 130 km/h.
(b) Rectifier Regulator unit
Beacon Rectifier regulator unit will rectify the AC Voltage to DC Voltage,ensure accurate voltage control & limit the current to preset values
* 4.5 KW/120 V/37.5 A
* 25 KW/130 V/193 A
* Fully protected against voltage surges & Spikes
* Compactness combined with accessibility for maintenance
* Needs no extra cooling arrangement
* Modular construction
* Reliable operation even at high temperatures
* Fully protected against over voltage